Saturday, October 11, 2008

"With shovels and rakes and other implements of dee-struction."

I don't know about you but growing up there was the one song that was played on Thanksgiving - either by family or by your local NPR station. Hell, it's the only Thanksgiving song. I listen to this song a lot more than Thanksgiving comes around. I quote this song fortnightly.

Maybe it's bein' a Yankee - borderline New Englander that is - but a lot of people I know don't get the joke. Alice's Restaurant is the perfect example of Yankee dry wit. You laugh until you realize the joke and realize that it ain't funny at all, it's just honest.

When all is said and done I gotta say that I'm proud of being a member of the "Group W Bench".

1 comment:

  1. :)

    Amen, long live the Group W Bench.

    I agree with you about the honest part too. I remember when I first heard this, having grown up 20 minutes from Stockbridge, thinking that this would still be the biggest crime in the last 50 years...

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!