Friday, September 18, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) Dir. Gavin Hood

Let me preface this by saying:

I am not a X-Men fan, not the comics or the movies but I did like the cartoon. I like certain characters but all in all they are not my favorite bunch of superheroes.

That being said I really enjoyed 90% of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Hell, I even thought Liev Schreiber did an awesome job as Sabretooth.

Amanda and I were feeling under the weather and she wanted to watch a movie. I wanted to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. So we came to an agreement. I'm glad we did.

Wolverine is pretty simple, straight-forward, and moved along at a pretty good clip. I'm not familiar with Gavin Hood's movies but he's a sharp director of action. Action is what we wanted and action is what we got.

I also like how grim the movie is. Sure, it's not as bleak as the new Batman movies but Origins was darker than I was expecting.

My only problem with the movie is the absolutely wretched CG Patrick Stewart sequence. not only was it inexcusably ugly but it was also pointless. Fail.

I don't know if I'd watch Origins any time soon but I'd buy it for less than ten bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!