Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Finally trying the Pankot Masala...

I decided to try to the chile paste I made over the weekend in my ramen.  How is it?  Delicious.  Smoky, fruity, there's that bhut flavor and some garlic.  The heat?  I only used a bump (is a bump a reasonable unit of measure?) and the heat is pretty intense but I can still taste what I am eating and the flavors of the other things I put in my noodles.  So one bump per two cups of water brings the sweat and snot, actually I don't know if it's the Trinidads but my ocular cavities are kind of pulsing.

I look forward to using more of the paste in a bigger meal.  Wish I could make jumbo prawn in chile paste.  That'd be damned tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like there would be much left of the prawn with the power of your Chilli paste. What else could you have it with? A good burger in a roll? or with some warm olives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use chile paste in a lot my cooking but this blend I will probably be using in slow cooked meat dishes or maybe blend it with coconut milk and go from there Thai curry style.

    Thanks for commenting and hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!