Sunday, May 17, 2009

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (2009) Square Enix

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a JPRG de force - it's three freaking discs. I'm renting this but depending on whether or not how this continues to play I might pick it up.

On the upside it's fun to play a solid, good old fashioned sci-fi JRPG. There are some bonuses that set it above the rest:

  1. You can skip the fucking cutscenes! This may not be a big deal to most people but if any of you folks played the PS2 Xenosaga games - which was basically just playing for a little while then watching a half hour cutscene. It got tedious. With SO:TLH you can just skip past, read a synopsis and move along. Nicely done guys.
  2. You can turn off the idiotic post-battle prattle. No more having to hear the same three phrases over and over again while grinding.
  3. This game has some of the most fun grinding combat I've ever played. It is RT but moves so quick there's not much of an issue.

I'm gonna play the hell out this while I'm on vacation and will write a longer review as I get further in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!